Welcome to 7‑Eleven - A World Leader
Oh Thank Heaven
Our doors are always open, and our friendly store teams are ready to serve you. Come in to any 7‑Eleven® store and you’ll find a broad selection of fresh, high-quality products at an everyday fair price, along with speedy transactions in a clean and friendly shopping environment.
World's Largest Convenience Retailer
What started out as an ice house in Dallas, Texas, back in 1927 has grown and evolved into the world’s largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores.
The company operates, franchises and licenses approximately 8,500 convenience stores in the U.S. and Canada. Of the close to 7,500 stores the company operates and franchises in the United States, more than 6,400 are franchised.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, there are more than 48,800 7‑Eleven and other convenience stores in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, China, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and United Arab Emirates. 7‑Eleven has announced plans to open stores in Vietnam.
7‑Eleven is the world’s largest convenience store chain operating, franchising and licensing stores in 18 countries. Approximately 10,800 of the 59,500 7‑Eleven stores worldwide are in North America.
7‑Eleven has been honored by numerous companies and organizations throughout its 88 years in business. Recent 7‑Eleven accolades include:
- No. 7 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list
- No. 1 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500’s Top 10 Most Popular Retail Companies for 2016
- No. 3 on Forbes magazine’s Top 20 Franchises to Start for 2016
- Among GI Jobs magazine’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers in 2016
- No. 5 on USA Today’s Top 10 Best Airport Newsstand/Travel Essential for 2016
- 7‑Eleven, T3 (Austin digital agency of record) won one gold, three silver, and one bronze Addy Awards for digital and design creativity in 2016
- 7‑Eleven, Agencies won Silver Effie Award for Sour Patch Kid Slurpee in 2016
- No.3 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list
- Named among the Top Veteran-Friendly Franchise on the best of the Best list by U.S. Veterans Magazine in 2015
- Named Best of the Best in the Convenience Store channel by Entrepreneur magazine in May 2015
- No. 10 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 500 list for 2015
- No. 2 on the Forbes magazine “Top 20 Franchises for the Buck” list for 2015
- 7‑Eleven, Inc. takes the #17 spot on the 2015 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list
- Ranked No. 5 on the Franchise Direct Top 100 Global Franchises list for 2015
- Rated No. 1 on “Best Retail Franchises” list for April 2015 by FranchiseRankings.com
- Named to the “Ten Best Overall Franchises” for January 2015 by FranchiseRankings.com
- Military Times named 7‑Eleven as one of the “Best for Vets: Franchises 2014 – 2015,” the selections focused on companies who offer financial discounts, brand performance and corporate policies that cater to veterans.
- Ranked No. 10 on the Most Profitable Franchises to Buy list by Insider Monkey, a finance website that provides free hedge fund and insider trading data
- No. 20 on the Supermarket News 2015 Top 75 U.S. and Canadian Food Retailers list