Welcome to 7‑Eleven - A World Leader
Oh Thank Heaven
Our doors are always open, and our friendly store teams are ready to serve you. Come in to any 7‑Eleven® store and you’ll find a broad selection of fresh, high-quality products at an everyday fair price, along with speedy transactions in a clean and friendly shopping environment.
World's Largest Convenience Retailer
What started out as an ice house in Dallas, Texas, back in 1927 has grown and evolved into the world’s largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores.
The company operates, franchises and licenses close to 8,700 convenience stores in the U.S. and Canada. Of the more than 7,800 stores the company operates and franchises in the United States, more than 6,200 are franchised.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, there are more than 44,800 7‑Eleven and other convenience stores in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, China, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
7‑Eleven is the world’s largest convenience store chain with more than 53,500 stores in 16 countries, of which close to 10,400 are in North America.
7‑Eleven has been honored by numerous companies and organizations throughout its 87 years in business. Recent 7‑Eleven accolades include:
- No. 1 in Entrepreneur magazine’s 2014 Global Franchise Rankings
- No. 5 among Top 100 Global Franchises by Franchise Direct for 2014
- Recognized as a Top 100 Global Retail Franchise from 2009 to 2014 - Best Franchise Chains Worldwide by FranchiseDirect.com
- Named one of Retail Leader's 2014 Leading Retailers
- No. 6 on Entrepreneur magazine's "Top 10 Franchises" for 2014
- 7‑Eleven named to America's Most Popular Stores List, according to data provided by Placed, a consumer habits data service provider
- No. 6 on the Top 10 Franchise Businesses list for 2014 by EmpoweredEzine.com
- No. 1 on the CNN TRAVEL International staffers list of favorite chains in the world for travelers.
- No. 1 on Entrepreneur magazine's "Top Global Franchises" list for 2013
- No. 2 on Franchise Times "Top 200 Franchises" list for 2013
- No. 3 on Fast Company's "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail" for 2013
- No. 4 on Entrepreneur magazine's "Top 10 Franchises" for 2013
- America's Best Franchises ranks 7‑Eleven in the Top 50 of its 2013 Franchise 500
- No. 1 in Store Growth by Convenience Store News for 2012
- No. 2 on Forbes magazine's "Top Franchise for the Money" for 2012
- Forbes magazine rates Slurpee® Lite frozen drink as one of nine products that triumphed in 2012
- No. 2 on AllBusiness "Top 5 Franchises" for 2012 and ranks No. 3 in brand awareness and No. 6 in longevity among top franchises
- No. 12 among Top 75 Retailers & Wholesalers by Supermarket News for 2012
- Recognized by Retail Information Systems News (RIS) as an original retailing pioneer in "10 Retailers That Shook the World Part 2" published in February 2012
- Military Times named 7‑Eleven as one of the Best for Vets: Franchises 2014 – 2015, the selections focused on companies who offer financial discounts, brand performance and corporate policies that cater to veterans.
- G.I. Jobs magazine named 7‑Eleven as one of the "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers" and one of the “Top 50 Military Spouse Employers” for 2014.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine has recognized 7‑Eleven as one of the Top 100 Veteran-friendly companies three years in a row, 2012, 2013 and 2014, as part of its annual Best of the Best lists.
- CivilianJobs.com also named 7‑Eleven as one of the Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military in 2014.
- Hispanic magazine regularly lists 7‑Eleven on its Hispanic Corporate Top 100 Companies that provide the most opportunities to Hispanics. 7‑Eleven has been selected by three diversity publications as a company offering the best career and franchisee opportunities.