Welcome to 7‑Eleven - A World Leader
Oh Thank Heaven
Our doors are always open, and our friendly store teams are ready to serve you. Come in to any 7‑Eleven® store and you’ll find a broad selection of fresh, high-quality products at an everyday fair price, along with speedy transactions in a clean and friendly shopping environment.
World's Largest Convenience Retailer
What started out as an ice house in Dallas, Texas, back in 1927 has grown and evolved into the world’s largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores.
The company operates, franchises and licenses close to 8,700 convenience stores in the U.S. and Canada. Of the more than 7,800 stores the company operates and franchises in the United States, approximately 6,400 are franchised.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, there are some 46,300 7‑Eleven and other convenience stores in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, China, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
7‑Eleven is the world’s largest convenience store chain with some 55,000 stores in 16 countries, of which more than 10,400 are in North America.
7‑Eleven has been honored by numerous companies and organizations throughout its 87 years in business. Recent 7‑Eleven accolades include:
- No. 10 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 500 list for 2015
- Named to the “Ten Best Overall Franchises” for January 2015 by FranchiseRankings.com
- Military Times named 7‑Eleven as one of the “Best for Vets: Franchises 2014 – 2015,” the selections focused on companies who offer financial discounts, brand performance and corporate policies that cater to veterans.
- Rated No. 11 by Sprinklr in its “Social Business Index Top 25 Restaurant Brands” on social media
- No. 1 in Entrepreneur magazine’s Global Franchise Rankings for 2014 and 2013
- No. 5 among Top 100 Global Franchises by Franchise Direct for 2014
- Recognized as a “Top 100 Global Retail Franchise 2014-2009 – Best Franchise Chains Worldwide” by FranchiseDirect.com
- CivilianJobs.com named 7‑Eleven as one of the Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military in 2014.
- Named one of Retail Leader’s 2014 Leading Retailers
- U.S. Veterans Magazine has recognized 7‑Eleven as one of the Top 100 Veteran-friendly companies three years in a row - 2012, 2013 and 2014 - as part of its annual Best of the Best lists.
- Named to the “Top 100 Retailers” list for 2014 by STORES Magazine
- No. 6 on the “Top 10 Franchise Businesses” for 2014 by EmpoweredEzine.com
- G.I. Jobs magazine named 7‑Eleven as one of the "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers" and one of the “Top 50 Military Spouse Employers” for 2014.
- 7‑Eleven named to America’s Most Popular Stores List, according to data provided by Placed, a consumer habits data service provider in 2014
- No. 1 on the CNN TRAVEL International edition list of favorite chains in the world for travelers in 2013
- No. 2 on Franchise Times “Top 200 Franchises” list for 2013
- No. 3 on Fast Company's "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail" for 2013
- America's Best Franchises website ranked 7‑Eleven in the Top 50 of its 2013 Franchise 500 listing
- No. 1 in Store Growth by Convenience Store News for 2012
- No. 2 on Forbes magazine's "Top Franchise for the Money" for 2012
- Forbes magazine rates Slurpee® Lite frozen drink as one of nine products that triumphed in 2012
- No. 2 on AllBusiness "Top 5 Franchises", No. 3 in brand awareness and No. 6 in longevity among top franchises for 2012
- No. 12 among Top 75 Retailers & Wholesalers by Supermarket News for 2012
- Recognized by Retail Information Systems News (RIS) as an original retailing pioneer in "10 Retailers That Shook the World Part 2" published in February 2012